Re: [code] [textadept] No Localization:context

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 21:21:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Sebastian,

On Tue, 2 May 2017, cryo shock wrote:

> Sure, a macro or some kind wouldn't be bad.
> Right now, to keep things easy, I took an existing gtkrc from a GTK+ theme
> collection, to which I added some options for scroll button size. I use to
> paste it over the existing one after updating TA.
> Since I also use to extract modules after each update this wasn't too bad
> for me.
> Yet my thought was to copy-paste the content of a ~\gtkrc to the one in
> TA's main folder, when for example a size, version or date change is
> detected. On the other hand this most probably would increase start-up time
> of TA, and seems not possible due to Lua's access limitations.

You may also be able to create a ~/.gtkrc for yourself in your home
directory (c:\users\username\.gtkrc) instead of modifying Textadept's
default files. I don't know if this will work on Windows though.

> You're thinking about a way to copy the whole file instead of the content.
> I will call you a hacker from now on. :D The idea is great. I think at
> least GTK or Lua should be capable of this.
>
> Speaking of modules...
> I have a side-quest:
>
> Modules in the *.zip file are around 1 MB while TA standalone is around 12
> MB in size, so
>
> is there a way to make a complete package available for download as well
> (TA wModules)?
> Not that I see a problem in extracting them once in two or three months
> additionally to TA itself, but approx 8 additional percent of the resulting
> size would be a more efficient approach, since human right now has to do
> work, that could have been made by machine in advance much faster.
>
> This just from a users point of view. Yet I like TA anyway. :)

I understand that it can be a minor inconvenience to have the modules as a
separate download, but I prefer to keep the core distribution as small as
possible.