Re: [code] Feature request: snippet._insert should allow replacing the selection

From: cryo shock <axteffekt.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 14:29:33 +0200

>> Generally, if you try to break the snippet system, you will succeed. I
> don't know how to make it work all the time. It was designed for inserting
> placeholders in order, and allowing most use-cases of nested snippets. I
> don't think yours is a common use case. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding
> though.
>
> You might be very right about this. But imagine a user who inserts a
snippet and deletes it right-away because he's had another idea or he
pasted the wrong snippet for example. I think this could be pretty common,
If you delete the whole snippet, then again TA will jump to the first line
and delete the first symbol.

Like I said. I know how to circumvent it now, so I will get over it. I just
thought, you might want to know, as might want other users who stumble upon
this. ;)

Cheers, Sebastian