[code] [textadept] cannot open /usr/local/share/textadept/core/init.lua: Permission denied

From: kaihoukyoku <kaihoukyoku.att.cock.li>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 23:21:12 -0300

Hello everyone,
I'm having some trouble installing textadept.
I compiled it from source following the manual, and it runs just fine
from my home folder.
However, upon trying to run it after installing to /usr/local, the error
message on the subject is displayed. I tried changing around the
permissions on init.lua to no avail; it works when I run it as root, though.
Do you know what could be causing this behavior?
Thanks in advance.