Re: [code] [textadept] cannot open /usr/local/share/textadept/core/init.lua: Permission denied

From: DrTebi <drtebi.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 00:26:49 -0700

I am just taking a wild guess here... but are you sure that you
changed the permissions correctly? It should be 644, as in:

sudo chmod 644 /usr/local/share/textadept/core/init.lua

Also check other permissions in that same folder...

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 7:21 PM, kaihoukyoku <kaihoukyoku.att.cock.li> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm having some trouble installing textadept.
> I compiled it from source following the manual, and it runs just fine from
> my home folder.
> However, upon trying to run it after installing to /usr/local, the error
> message on the subject is displayed. I tried changing around the permissions
> on init.lua to no avail; it works when I run it as root, though.
> Do you know what could be causing this behavior?
> Thanks in advance.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten."