Re: [code] Feature request: snippet._insert should allow replacing the selection

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 00:11:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Tue, 9 May 2017, Mitchell wrote:

> Hi Robert,

>>> I understand, and that is what "Tools -> Snippets -> Cancel Snippet"
>>> (Ctrl+Shift+K) is for. I will make a note to look into this though. I
>>> appreciate the details of your report.
>>
>> Maybe it would be possible to have the shortcut as `Esc` and even
>> indicate that one is in "Snipper-Insert" mode (in the status bar or by
>> changing the color of a margin or something)?
>
> That is an interesting idea, at least with the "Esc" key. I will look into
> this. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've committed a change[1] that binds the "Esc" key to "Cancel Snippet"
when a snippet is active. (If a snippet is not active, the usual Esc
behavior occurs.) I think snippet placeholders are indication enough that
a snippet is active. I don't think there is a need to update the statusbar
or change a margin color.

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/aba084a8520d