Re: [code] some unicode not rendering

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:16:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Carl,

Sorry for the delay, but as I mentioned in a separate thread, I finally
have a Windows VM to play with.

On Wed, 10 May 2017, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

> Hello Mitchell,
>
> No, things are worse than that.
>
> I'm not using textadept in a console, i.e. not textadept-curses. Just the
> regular GUI application.
>
> I'm just using the console with font set to Consolas as evidence that
> Consolas can render those characters. Yet textadept with Consolas set as the
> font in init.lua does not render them. Unclear what's going on.

This appears to be a limitation in either GTK (the cross-platform GUI
toolkit Textadept uses) or Pango (the part of GTK responsible for painting
font glyphs). In my testing, other GTK-based editors, when their font is
set to Consolas, choke on the same characters in the page you linked to. I
do not know how to workaround this.

I made this point in another thread that Textadept is designed as a text
editor for programmers, and not a general purpose unicode editor, and I
think that provides me with some leeway here as well :) I am sorry I don't
have a solution for you though.