Re: [code] Quirks when compiling last hg update

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:01:43 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

To the first point: I did the following sequence

make -C src clean clean-deps
hg pull -u
make -C src deps
make -C src

and the compilation failed. Attached was a patch to solve the issues and
have a working Textadept.

To the second point. I have 9.4 for the officially tagged 9.4 version.
Then, when the first mod was in hg, I changed the version to 9.5hg

Best, /PA

On 20 June 2017 at 15:43, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2017, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
>
> Hi,
>>
>> I've updated and tried to compile the current Textadept hg on my Linux
>> (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS GNOME3) box and stumbled over a couple of minor quirks.
>> Attached is a diff with my solution, which may not be optimal, but at
>> least
>> makes the beasty compile :-)
>>

> I don't understand. Does hg not compile at all for you?
>
> I'd also like to suggest that the Textadept version in core/init.lua is
>> updated to <next_version>hg once patches start being applied to a specific
>> <version>. I'm doing it myself in my local copy but I think this is a nice
>> practice, right? At least that way, you can see them on the About dialog.
>> know this means to update twice, though...
>>

> Hmm, I don't think I'm familiar with this. Can you give me a more concrete
> example?

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler