Re: [code][textadept] selection background color change

From: Peter Rolf <indiego.att.gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 11:31:21 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

Am 06.07.2017 um 02:08 schrieb Mitchell:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 5 Jul 2017, Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> On Wed, 5 Jul 2017, Peter Rolf wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with the background color of selections. If I open a
>>> search dialogue via Ctrl-f, type in something, and also select the
>>> search string, the background color of the text selection changes.
>>> The selected text gets unreadable here with my theme (color changes from
>>> #303844 to #B0B0B0).
>>>
>>> Here are the simple steps to reproduce this behaviour..
>>>
>>> 1. select some text block
>>> 2. open the search dialogue via Ctrl-f and type in something
>>> 3. now also select the search pattern;
>>> keep an eye on the selected 'main' text while doing so and you will
>>> notice that the background color of the selected text (1) changes
>>>

>>> Couldn't find the corresponding style (nor the color) for that. I also
>>> tried 'additional_selection', but no luck.
>>
>> Unfortunately, according to Scintilla's source code, this looks like a
>> non-changeable style, hardcoded at 0xb0b0b0. Sorry :( I recommend you
>> raise
>> this issue on the Scintilla mailing list[1]. I could apply an upstream
>> patch
>> to Textadept.
>
> Oh, and for the record the style is "selBackground2".

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I'll post on the Scintilla
mailing list later on.

The problem is a bit annoying, as the 'search string' is preselected, if
you reopen the search dialogue. The style also doesn't switch back, if
you unselect the 'search string'.
I'll adapt my selection style in the meantime.

Best wishes, Peter