[code] : [code] : [code] [textadept]catgs plugin freeze when try to jump not exist symbol in tags file twic

From: Outlook Yuki <X1353135.att.outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 15:38:27 +0000

Hi Michel

It seems that textadept normal version didn't freeze on windows 8.1 32bit, but froze windows 7 64bit version.
textadept jit version froze on windows 8.1 32 bit version, I haven't test on windows 7 64 bit version yet.
I tested spawn(ctags) and spawn(notepad) for each version, behavior is same for both cases.

Yuki

________________________________
: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
ʱ: 2017726 2:09:14
ռ: code.att.foicica.com
: Re: [code] : [code] [textadept]catgs plugin freeze when try to jump not exist symbol in tags file twic

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017, Outlook Yuki wrote:

> Hi Mitchel
>
> Thank you for your comment.
>
>> Can you spawn ctags from Textadept? (e.g. in the command entry run `spawn('ctags "'..buffer.filename..'"'))
>
> I tried above step, but I couldn't see any reaction on textadept.
> What's the expected behavior of textadept?
> Then, textadept freeze when I press close button on upper right corner of textadept window.
> I checked I can run ctags on Windows command prompt.

Okay, so you ran `spawn('ctags "'..buffer.filename..'"'))` in the command entry, but when you tried to close Textadept, it froze? What happens when you run the normal version of Textadept (not textadeptjit.exe)? I'm sorry that I do not have a Windows machine to test this on right now.