Re: [code] Small patch to the diff lexer

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 09:21:08 +0200

Just an example of how this approach can show with a base16 theme.

[image: Inline images 1]

I think the different elements of the diff file show 'different enough'. My
point is that you should not restrict to insertion is green deletion is
red, because some colour sight deficits may translate that into insert is
somehow grey and deletion is somewhat gray too...

I, for example try to avoid blues, i.e. RGB=(0,0,x) in my themes, because
I see them blurred up even with spectacles...

Best, /PA

On 28 July 2017 at 07:43, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> I'm not using green-ish or red-ish as a criterion... For me, it is good
> enough if the additions, deletins and changes are shown differently enough
> by the theme...
>
> This is in line with some people's needs, where red and green are not good
> candidates for highlighting.
>
> I'm helping a couple of cases like that...
>
> /PA
>
> El 27 jul. 2017 15:12, "Mitchell" <m.att.foicica.com> escribió:
>
>> Hi Pedro,
>>
>> On Wed, 26 Jul 2017, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> attached is a small patch to the diff lexer that makes it theme-able It
>>> is
>>> inspired by https://medium.com/@a_baez/beautify-textadept-87a0c6e384a8
>>>

>> Thanks for your suggestion.
>>
>> The colors in your patch only make sense if numbers are green-ish,
>> operators are yellow-ish, and functions are red-ish. Otherwise, it might
>> not be clear in other themes what is being added, changed, or removed in a
>> given diff file. Also, it just feels wrong to assign the 'addition' style
>> to numbers and the 'deletion' style to functions.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mitchell
>> --

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden