Re: [code] [textadept] Sync Curses Cursor for tmux Copy Mode

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 14:44:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Chad,

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017, cavoegele.att.gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Textadept Users!
>
> One bit of functionality I miss from Vim is the seamless transition from
> Vim to tmux copy mode. The tmux cursor starts at the current position of
> the Vim cursor. In textadept-curses, the tmux cursor always starts at
> the bottom-left corner of the screen.
>
> I dug into this issue a bit and it's caused by Scintilla drawing the
> caret as a single, inverted-color character and hiding the terminal
> cursor. Tmux copy mode starts from the position of the terminal cursor.
> A workaround in the patch below is to move the terminal cursor to the
> current position of the Scintilla caret after painting is finished. This
> works for screen and tmux including for split views. However it doesn't
> work for the command entry cursor.
>
> Any chance we can get this patch cleaned up and merged upstream?
>
> [snip]

I think Scinterm[1] is a more appropriate place to put this patch, perhaps in the `NoutRefresh()` function[2]. A potential benefit is that since Textadept's command entry is a Scintilla window, the cursor should be updated on paint.

If you want to take a stab at it, go for it. Otherwise I'll see what I can do when I have some time.

[1]: http://foicica.com/scinterm/
[2]: http://foicica.com/hg/scinterm/file/938cfedd428a/ScintillaTerm.cxx#l1205