Re: [code][Textadept] hardcoded title font size in Markdown lexer

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 21:32:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Franck,

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017, Franck Guadagnini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the Markdown lexer, the titles are supposed to be drawn bigger than the normal text, but the base font size is hardcoded to 10 points. If, like me, you use a big base font size, the titles will actually display *smaller* than the text. To correct this, it's only needed to replace, at line 84 of lexers/markdown.lua,
>
> local font_size = 10
>
> by
>
> local font_size = buffer.property['fontsize'].
>
> Mitchell, you may be interested in pushing this little change upstream?

This would work for Textadept, but the lexers are part of another project, Scintillua[1], that is editor-agnostic. Applying this change would break lexing for downstream users. I completely agree that hardcoding the size is not ideal, but I'm not sure what the best solution is. Forcing downstream users to define a markdown-specific property is not something I'd want to do. If you have another suggestion, I'd be happy to hear. Otherwise, keeping your own copy of *markdown.lua* with your change is probably best for now.

[1]: http://foicica.com/scintillua