Re: [code] [scintillua] Lexer updates from the vis editor community

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 22:36:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Marc,

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017, Marc André Tanner wrote:

> Hi Mitchel,
>
> I'm sending you another set of lexer updates originating from the vis
> editor community.
>
> Michael Forney contributed a new lexer for the Myrddin language, the
> associated file extension is *.myr
>
> https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/master/lua/lexers/myrddin.lua

This has been committed.

> I wrote a simple strace(1) output lexer. It has no associated file
> extension, in vis we check whether the file starts with an exec
> syscall. This works for the most common case, but could probably be
> improved further (the same applies for the lexer itself).
>
> https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/master/lua/lexers/strace.lua

I prefer not to include output lexers at this time.

> Joseph Eib fixed errors and added ANS Forth 2012 keywords to the Forth
> lexer:
>
> https://github.com/martanne/vis/commit/3cab10e3a5d2363352be8256e9872bbc08cbbce7
>
> He also suggested that the *.fth file extension should be associated
> with Forth.

Thank you. Both have been committed.

> S. Gilles made the Perl lexer a bit more robust in an error case (although
> this might only be a problem in the way vis' imprecise syntax highlighting
> invokes it).
>
> https://github.com/martanne/vis/commit/9308e373844377f0db1f4f0d24d963dbd67c63ba

Do you have a code snippet that illustrates the error? Perhaps it is a bit late in the day, but I cannot see how the pattern would fail for reasonable input.

> Tynan Colin Beatty realized that the Elixir lexer was missing a reference
> to its white space rule.
>
> https://github.com/martanne/vis/commit/3e433c98f5c1006d2a4f0f1c139573b9ac478435

Committed.

> I hope some of these contributions are useful.

Yes, thanks so much for sharing!