Re: [code] SciTE

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:27:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jeff,

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017, Jeff Stone wrote:

> Hi, does someone have instructions how to build Scintillua using MinGW?
> This is what I've done so far:
> Download and unzip Scintillua
> Download Scintilla/SciTE source code and, unzipped the folders into the
> Scintillua folder
> cd scintillua
> cd scintilla\win32
> mingw32-make
> cd ..\..\scite\win32
> mingw32-make
> cd ..\..
>
> but when I do mingw32-make again it fails immediately, I'm clearly doing
> something wrong. That's basically the same as how I build it in Linux so it
> can't be too far off.

You'll need to also make Scintillua's dependencies: lua and lpeg. The easiest way is to run `make deps` from a Linux box and copy the resulting *lua* folder to your Windows box. Then `mingw32-make` should work from the Scintillua root. You could try `mingw32-make deps` followed by `mingw32-make`, but I suspect that will fail unless you have some UNIX-like tools installed (e.g. wget, tar, etc.)

> Alternately, is there going to be a 4.0.0 Scintillua build soon?

No I don't think so, there are some lexer interface changes that I think require a C++14 compiler, which I do not have access to. I will investigate further when I have some time, but my time is a bit constrained right now.