[code] : [code] : [code] : [code] [textadept] Could you please give me advice to configure encoding menu correctly?

From: Outlook Yuki <X1353135.att.outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 03:18:44 +0000

HI Mitchell

I'm sorry for late response, thank you very much!

Yuki

________________________________
: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
ʱ: 2017820 20:13
ռ: code.att.foicica.com
: Re: [code] : [code] : [code] [textadept] Could you please give me advice to configure encoding menu correctly?

Hi,

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017, Mitchell wrote:

> Hi Yuki,
>
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017, Outlook Yuki wrote:
>
>> Hi Mitchel
>>
>> I think the problem is that `io.open_file()` always try to auto detect
>> encoding and user doesn't have any chance to select a apecific encoding by
>> himself for the file.
>> The solution which I think is to add encoding as argument to
>> `io.open_file()`, and `io.open_file()` load the file according given
>> encoding, or try to auto detect the encoding when null is given as
>> encoding.
>> If `io.open_file()` behive like above, user has a chance to force select
>> encoding.
>
> Thank you for the suggestion. I think this is a good idea and will look into
> adding it.

I've committed[1] an optional `encoding` parameter to `io.open_file()`.

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/a94cdc70d044