Re: [code] More on snippets... Am I doing something wrong or just hit the limits?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 15:47:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pedro,

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi Mitchell
>
> I'm trying to move longer language-specific snippets to files and place
> them unter ~/.textadept/snippets/<lexer>/
>
> To load them I'm using the following code
>
> events.connect(events.LEXER_LOADED, function(lexer)
> local _lexer_snippets = _USERHOME..'/snippets/'..lexer
> if lfs.attributes(_lexer_snippets) then
> local load_snippets = true
> for _, _val in pairs(textadept.snippets._paths) do
> if _val == _lexer_snippets then load_snippets = false end
> end
> if load_snippets then
> table.insert(textadept.snippets._paths,_lexer_snippets)
> end
> end
> ... (more code)
>
> That's how I have understood the documentation. This results however in all
> language snippets files being available to all lexers and not each fileset
> to its lexer.
>
> Is that an anti-feature or am I not understanding the docs ?

`snippets._paths` is not lexer-specific. Lexer-specific snippet files should be prefixed with the lexer's name. The documentation gives the format "lexer.trigger.ext", where ".ext" is an optional, arbitrary file extension. For example, a file named "lua.func.lua" will insert the contents of that file as a snippet when the lexer is "lua" and the trigger word is "func". (The ".lua" extension is solely for convenience when editing the snippet from Textadept.)