Re: [code] ctrl-c frequently doesn't work on Windows.

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 10:57:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017, foicica.att.nekulturny.org wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I find Textadept appealing because I can use it on Windows, Linux, and in a
> terminal, but in the GUI, ctrl-c very frequently does not work. In fact I'm
> not sure I can say for sure it ever works. I find myself having to tab back
> to the textadept window, right-click on the highlighted text I just tried and
> failed to copy with ctrl-c, and choose Copy from the context menu. Then it's
> in the Windows clipboard and I can paste it as needed.

Did you install any custom modules that may override the default Ctrl+C key binding? Try opening the Command Entry (Tools -> Command Entry), enter "keys.cc = buffer.copy" (no quotes), press enter, and then try Ctrl+C actions. If that ends up working, something other than Textadept is altering Ctrl+C behavior.

> I also have an issue that I am sure must be different in nature, that ctrl-c
> doesn't work in textadept-curses inside WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) in
> Windows 10. I know that it won't integrate with the Windows clipboard, but it
> doesn't even allow me to cut or copy text from one place to another in the
> same file in the same editing session. I thought maybe it's not getting the
> ctrl key but other key bindings such as ctrl-q to quit textadept work fine.
>
> Hope you can suggest solutions for these issues.

My guess is that something in your ~/.textadept/ is altering the default Ctrl+C behavior.