Re: [code] ctrl-c frequently doesn't work on Windows.

From: <foicica.att.nekulturny.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 08:47:14 -0600

On 2017-10-22 08:26, Robert Gieseke wrote:
> Am 22/10/17 um 16:20 schrieb foicica.att.nekulturny.org:
> [...]
>>
>> I uncommented the line. The status bar changes when I hit other keys.
>> It
>> doesn't change when I hit ctrl-v. So I guess I'm out of luck.
>>

> According to
>
> https://www.slothparadise.com/setup-bash-windows-10-developers-ultimate-setup/
>
> Ctrl-V should work with ConEmu
>
> https://conemu.github.io/en/BashOnWindows.html
>
> Otherwise you would have to redefine the paste shortcut in
> textadept-curses.

No joy. ConEmu introduces additional hurdles in fact because it
intercepts all the useful keys related to selecting, copying, and
pasting text. It does that because it wants to provide an integration
with the Windows clipboard, which is not useful to me. When I disable
those key bindings (in ConEmu, to allow those keys to be passed through
to textadept) the behaviour is the same as with cmd.exe or MinTTY.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Dan