Re: [code] ctrl-c frequently doesn't work on Windows.

From: Danny MacMillan <foicica.att.nekulturny.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 08:56:51 -0600

On 2017-10-22 08:20, foicica.att.nekulturny.org wrote:
> On 2017-10-22 06:27, Mitchell wrote:
>>
>> In Textadept's *core/keys.lua* file around line 215 there is a line
>> commented out that starts with `if CURSES then ...`. Uncomment that
>> line, restart or reset textadept-curses, and then press Ctrl+V. See if
>> the key sequence printed in the statusbar is recognized properly as
>> `cv`. If not, then this is likely a WSL issue and I would not know
>> what to do about it.
>
> I uncommented the line. The status bar changes when I hit other keys.
> It doesn't change when I hit ctrl-v. So I guess I'm out of luck.

What is interesting though is that other applications don't have this
issue. The micro text editor for example allows me to shift-select, copy
with ctrl-c, and paste with ctrl-v out of the box. That makes it hard to
see how this could be a WSL issue. In every context other than
textadept, ctrl-v seems to be doing what I would expect it to.

This is the editor I mean: https://micro-editor.github.io/

--
Dan