Re: [code] ctrl-c frequently doesn't work on Windows.

From: Danny MacMillan <foicica.att.nekulturny.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 12:10:28 -0600

On 2017-10-22 11:26, Danny MacMillan wrote:
> On 2017-10-22 10:31, Robert Gieseke wrote:
>> Maybe the easiest option to get Textadept working for you, is to just
>> use another shortcut ...
>
> It is starting to seem that way, but I might just use something else
> because I always seem to be stuck at the first hurdle with textadept.

I think maybe that came across as petulant so let me explain further.

My goal is to find a single text editor I can use everywhere. Windows,
Linux, and at the console. I would like it to work more or less like
Windows GUI editors do, because I spend most of my time in such editors.
I can use a different key binding for paste and it's not a showstopper,
because I already know I have to change some other key bindings in order
to use the ncurses version. It's not ideal but it's life.

The other clipboard issue though is a much bigger problem, because if
I'm using the Windows GUI version and the clipboard just doesn't work
about a third of the time, that is bringing me to a sudden screeching
halt and forcing me to fiddle with the clipboard instead of with
completing whatever task it is I'm trying to accomplish. It basically
means I can't use the GUI version of textadept no matter how much I
might want to, because the cost of dealing with this problem is too
high.

Since I can't use textadept everywhere, then the value of textadept is
greatly diminished, and there just doesn't seem to be much of a point
working around even a minor issue in textadept-curses when I already
know micro works.

Another issue that prevented me from using textadept has already been
fixed - I can use normal regular expressions in the find window. When I
realized I can do that now I got pretty excited to try textadept again.
I would really like to use textadept, because it's much faster than
micro and it also seems easier to customize. But since I can't use it on
Windows because the clipboard is so broken there, the effort put into
customizing textadept has a much smaller return.

I do appreciate the effort you put in to trying to help me.

--
Dan