Re: [code] ctrl-c frequently doesn't work on Windows.

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 22:58:57 +0200

Am 22/10/17 um 22:47 schrieb Danny MacMillan:
> -- busy-waiting is terrible but I couldn't find a ready-to-use sleep
> function

There is `timeout` in Textadept

https://foicica.com/textadept/api.html#timeout

> With this in my init.lua, I haven't (yet) had a clipboard issue.

That's great to hear. One could maybe even automate the testing by
(randomly) selecting some text, copying it and then reading the actual
Windows clipboard with something like this

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6832203/access-clipboard-in-windows-batch-file/1574706

From Textadept you could use `spawn`

https://foicica.com/textadept/api.html#spawn

This could also be an alternative to relying on `ui.clipboard_text`
which didn't work.

> Maybe the reason no one else is reporting this is that their computers
> are slower? It beggars belief though because even though my computer is
> pretty good it's not a speed demon by any stretch.

Interesting indeed, maybe fewer on Windows 10, from the other issue it
seemed it started there.

/ Robert