Re: [code] ctrl-c frequently doesn't work on Windows.

From: Danny MacMillan <foicica.att.nekulturny.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 19:38:35 -0600

On 2017-10-24 09:12, Mitchell wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2017, Robert Gieseke wrote:
>
>> Am 23/10/17 um 02:18 schrieb Danny MacMillan:
>>>
>>> I tried this. With this code, I can't make it fail, even without the
>>> sleep.
>> [...]
>>
>> Awesome - that's really a cool showcase of Textadept's extensibility
>> let's hope they find some solution for the WSL/bash issue[1]
>>
>> Mitchell, what do you think, should the patch/workaround for the
>> Windows
>> 10/GUI issue be included? If not it should at least go in the FAQ ...
>
> I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue on Windows 10.
> (I don't have a Win10 machine to test this on.) Regardless, I'd prefer
> a more reasonable patch like the one I suggested in a previous reply,
> and not a patch that tries spawning processes and invoking batch
> files.

I have this issue at home, and I have it at work. I had it on prior
installs also. I think I even had it on Windows 7 but I don't remember
for sure. Maybe there's an issue specific to the way I set up my
computers. All I can think if is my antivirus, ESET, but I don't think
it scans the clipboard, and KeePass uses the clipboard but I see no
reason it should interfere with any other program using it while it's
sitting idle in the system tray.

I only worked up the example with the batch file to test my hypothesis.
I wouldn't propose putting it anywhere "in production", even in my own
init.lua. This is enough to solve my problem:

keys.cc = function()
   buffer.copy()
   if WIN32 then
     sleep(0.1)
   end
end

keys.cx = function()
   buffer.cut()
   if WIN32 then
     sleep(0.1)
   end
end

function sleep(s)
   local ntime = os.clock() + s
   repeat until os.clock() > ntime
end

I could check the clipboard but I don't need to. This is enough. It's
still a hack but it works. I as the human operator am in the loop. If it
ever doesn't do what I need, I'll know right away. I will try your idea,
though. If it works it'll be better.

--
Dan