Re: [code] NotepadReplacer

From: dmccunney <dennis.mccunney.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 17:32:03 -0400

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Danny MacMillan <foicica.att.nekulturny.org> wrote:

> I just want to share for other users of textadept on Windows that
> NotepadReplacer works great with textadept.
>
> http://www.binaryfortress.com/notepadreplacer/

What it's doing is diddling a Windows registry setting that specifies
what the default program for editing text files is.

I use an editor called Notepad2-mod
(https://xhmikosr.github.io/notepad2-mod/), which is a fork of Florian
Balmer's open source Notepad2 product. Like TextAdept, Notepad2 uses
the Scintilla edit control to get syntax highlighting and code
folding. Notepad2 and Notepad2-mod can both be configured to replace
Windows Notepad via that registry hack.

I wouldn't use TextAdept in that role - Notepad2-mod invokes
instantaneously and has all the features I need for what I normally
do. TextAdept would be overkill. But it's good you *can* use the
same technique to make it the default editor.

Thanks for the share.

> Dan
______
Dennis