[code] Regular expression \t does not behave as expected.

From: Danny MacMillan <foicica.att.nekulturny.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 12:51:15 -0600

It seems that \t sometimes matches a literal t rather than a literal tab
character (maybe?)

I have a TSV file as such:

DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure ADJUST_BLUESTONE_AU
DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure ADJUST_MENTOR_PACKAGE
DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure ADJUST_MENTOR_THREAD
DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure ADJUST_NOTE
DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure GETAUIDBYAUCODEANDAUSID
DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure GETEXTERNALAUCHILDREN
DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure GETEXTERNALTITLEAULIST
DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure GETTITLEAULIST
DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure GETUPKMAPAUS
DEMO_UPK_KNOW Procedure RESETALLLOTRACKING

If I do a search for the following regex in a file with the above
contents, it finds nothing.

^([^\t]+)\t([^\t]+)\t([^\t]+)$

The real file is much larger than the above example. It will eventually
find a row - the PROJWBS row below.

EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH Synonym PROJECT
EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH Synonym PROJWBS
EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH Synonym TASK

My initial surmise was that the previous row ending with "T" accounted
for this. But I don't believe this is so, or at least I think there must
be something else wrong perhaps in addition to this. The next match in
the file is composed of all but the first and last lines in the below
(the match spans 5 lines, which should not happen with the ^ and $ in
there).

EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH Synonym TASKACTV
EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH View EAI_GREEN_UP
EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH View EAI_GREEN_UP_SCHED_VARIANCE
EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH View EAI_GREEN_UP2
EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH View EAI_SCHEDULE_VARIANCE_VIEW
EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH View EAI_SCHEDULE_VARIANCE_VIEW_AVG
EAI_P6_SANDBOX_DASH View INSPECTION_SUMMARY

HOWEVER!!! The behavour of "Find Next" and the behaviour of "Find Prev"
are different. Find next will find the 5 middle lines as a single match.
If I find next past this block, then find prev, it will find each of
those 5 lines as its own match, which is what the behaviour should be.
Unfortunately neither find next nor find prev are finding everything
they should.

--
Dan