Re: [code] More fixes to src/Makefile

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:24:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi Pedro,

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi Mitchell
>
> I've just installed FreeBSD 11.1R in an old PC and compiled Textadept
> (GTK2). Attached is a patch file with a couple of fixes for the Makefile:
>
> 1.- use cc and c++ in BSD

Are these binaries/symlinks available on older versions of BSD?

> 2.- PIXMAPS_DIR also needs to be based on $(PREFIX)

No, if it was based on the default $(PREFIX) of /usr/local, then no icons would be installed, because /usr/local/share/pixmaps does not exist on many systems (including mine).

> 3.- install desktop files in a more compatible way

Okay.

> 4.- pass CC to clean in luajit

luajit does not use CC in its clean rule, so this does not make sense to me.

> I'm still trying to compile textadept-curses in FreeBSD but it is still
> 'resisting'

Okay, let me know if/when you get it working. If you feel like sharing your error messages, perhaps I may be of assistance.