Re: [code][textadept] Initialization issue II

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:47:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi Gabriel,

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017, Gabriel Dubatti wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I put some time into debugging this, and found that the issue appears
> after recompiling the 9.6 version (without any change) in Ubuntu Mate 17.10
> following the compilation instructions (build-essential and libgtk2-0.dev).
>
>     I can not reproduce the issue with the downloaded version (9.6) so it
> could be a gcc issue (version 7.2) or a library problem.

This is a very strange issue. I have no idea why `buffer:get_line(0)` would not work in an `events.INITIALIZED` event handler. It certainly should. May I ask you to try compiling a few vanilla Textadept 9.x versions on your modern machine and see if you run into the same issue there? I admit it is a bit problematic if my compiled binaries are behaving properly while yours are not...