[code] [textadept] Recent Changes in HG

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 13:29:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

For anyone who likes to use the nightly builds in a regular basis, please be aware that I have committed some changes that may affect your configuration. The biggest change is that *~/.textadept/properties.lua* is going away[1]. Any buffer modifications in *~/.textadept/init.lua* are now applied to all subsequent buffers. For example, if your init.lua contains:

     buffer.use_tabs = true
     buffer.tab_width = 4

The first and all subsequent buffers will use those indentation settings. (Previously, any `buffer` settings in your init.lua would only apply to the first buffer, so you had to create a *~/.textadept/properties.lua* file that had the above code in order to change indentation settings for all buffers.)

I've also committed some API changes, such as removing `textadept.editing.match_brace()` in favor of a menu function[2], and renaming `ui.set_theme()` to `buffer.set_theme()`[1].

In other news, you may have noticed that Textadept has been building against Scintilla 3.7.3 for a while now, and has been backporting fixes and changes up to Scintilla 3.7.6. This is due to the fact that Scintilla > 3.7.3 requires some C++11 compiler features that my MacOS and Win32 cross-compiler toolchains do not have. (It is easier for me to do the backporting than to figure out how to update those toolchains.) Recently, Scintilla 4.x has started to make releases, but it requires a C++14 compiler and even some C++17 features. I recently started backporting[3] some updates from these 4.x releases, but may revert these backports if they prove too unstable[4].

[1]: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/f5b094740881
[2]: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/fb928db4d3f8
[3]: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/d9ea082f66c6
[4]: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/5e062f632060