Re: [code] [code}[textadept] elastic tabstops 'unleashed' version release

From: Peter Rolf <indiego.att.gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 14:51:48 +0100

Hi Pedro,

thanks for your interest. There is no need for a compilation (it's lua
code only). Just copy the complete content (files and directory) of the
7zip archive to your '.textadept/modules' folder and add

        ets = require("elastic_tabstops").enable()

to your 'init.lua' file.

You may want to add something like this

        -- toggle Elastic Tabstops
        keys["cf12"] = ets.toggle_status

..., so you can enable|disable the module at any time. There's also no
need to worry about unwanted changes in your texts. 'Elastic tabstops'
doesn't change a single bit in your texts, it just arranges them
differently.

Optional changes:

'set_standards()' changes the width of the indentation (minimum and
padding value). Read the upper part of the modules 'init.lua' file for
more details.

        ets.set_standards("nn", "nn", 32, 32) -- default values
        ets.set_standards("A", "H") -- my settings

You can also set the indentation to a specific amount. Let's say you
want to indent exactly the amount of the bold keyword 'end'.

ets.set_standards("en", "d", 5, 5) -- 5 = keyword style

And done. Works for proportional fonts and with any style.

Just try the module and report back if you like (personal mail [@]
prefered to avoid unnecessary 'spam' on the list).
The module should work reliable now and has no noticable impact on the
editors speed. The lastest version (27.11.2017) can be found here [*].

Peter

[@] indiego at gmx dot net
[*] https://spideroak.com/browse/share/indiego/public/textadept/