Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 10.0 alpha issue

From: Gabriel Dubatti <>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 20:23:16 -0300

Hi Mitchell,

El 08/01/18 a las 19:59, Mitchell escribió:
> Hi Gabriel,
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2018, Gabriel Dubatti wrote:
>> Hi Mitchell,
>> I have been testing this version and have found that it breaks some
>> of my
>> project management code.
>> I think I discovered that the issue originates in the new set_theme()
>> behaviour (save all buffer settings to load them later in each new
>> buffer).
>> The problem with that is that "all" the buffer settings are saved,
>> not only
>> the theming related.
>> If I'm not getting all this wrong, I think a "buffer.user" object
>> could be
>> added to put in it all the thing you don't want to be duplicated in all
>> buffers (buffer.user could be ignored or deleted when the setting are
>> collected).
> It's hard for me to visualize the kinds of settings you are referring
> to. Can you give an example? Also, if you are creating buffer settings
> on startup that you do not want to persist, have you tried wrapping
> them in either an `events.BUFFER_NEW` or `events.INITIALIZED` event?
> Cheers,
> Mitchell

Thanks for answering. I have to check this more deeply to see where the
problem really is...

All I know for now is that some marks I put in some buffers (like
"buffer._type") also appear in other buffers (the same code works well
in version 9), so I assumed it could be related to the new set_theme() code.

You are right, all my "buffer data" codes are located in events.

I will try to debug this when I have some free time and let you know if
something is wrong.



You are subscribed to
To change subscription settings, send an e-mail to
To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to
Received on Mon 08 Jan 2018 - 18:23:16 EST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Tue 09 Jan 2018 - 06:47:44 EST