Re: [code] Warning on Linux when compiled with GTK3

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 17:59:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi Pedro,

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing the following warning when launching textadept:
>
> (textadept:3803): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkScrollbar 0x1ed92a8
> without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code
> know the size to allocate?
>
> My version is compiled with GTK3 enabled

This is most likely coming from Scintilla. Do you get this warning when compiling and running SciTE[1] against GTK3? (SciTE is another Scintilla-based editor) If so, I recommend filing a Scintilla bug report[2]. Otherwise, I'm not seeing this on my (old) version of GTK3, so I cannot do anything about it.

[1]: http://scintilla.org/SciTE.html
[2]: http://sf.net/projects/scintilla