Re: [code] A small addition to the textadept Wiki

From: <rhkramer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 09:02:43 -0500

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 01:09:01 AM Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just added a small (and hopefully) example of an OO-oriented lexer to the
> Wiki.
>
> https://foicica.com/wiki/changelog-lexer

Thanks for that--it could be a really useful example for me as I am planning /
trying to write a lexer for scintilla for some variations of TWiki markup in
an mbox file (I want to lex and fold both on the mbox header (starting with a
From line) and the TWiki markup).

I'm currently planning on doing that development using the long term support
(3.7.6) version of scintilla (and scite) as I'm developing on an older Debian
box (Wheezy, Debian 7.n iirc) which does not have a C++ compiler to handle C++
version 17 (or 14, iirc).

Anyway, that leads to some questions:

What version of C++ would I need to compile the lexer you wrote?

I guess the various constructs that start with an R are something from LPeg?
They look helpful for me, because in the From header I need to recognize a
valid date string.

Thanks!