Re: [code] A small addition to the textadept Wiki

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:16:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018, rhkramer.att.gmail.com wrote:

> On Saturday, February 17, 2018 01:09:01 AM Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I just added a small (and hopefully) example of an OO-oriented lexer to the
>> Wiki.
>>
>> https://foicica.com/wiki/changelog-lexer
>
> Thanks for that--it could be a really useful example for me as I am planning /
> trying to write a lexer for scintilla for some variations of TWiki markup in
> an mbox file (I want to lex and fold both on the mbox header (starting with a
> From line) and the TWiki markup).
>
> I'm currently planning on doing that development using the long term support
> (3.7.6) version of scintilla (and scite) as I'm developing on an older Debian
> box (Wheezy, Debian 7.n iirc) which does not have a C++ compiler to handle C++
> version 17 (or 14, iirc).
>
> Anyway, that leads to some questions:
>
> What version of C++ would I need to compile the lexer you wrote?
>
> I guess the various constructs that start with an R are something from LPeg?
> They look helpful for me, because in the From header I need to recognize a
> valid date string.

I saw you posting on the Scintilla mailing list and I'd like to point out that if you prefer using SciTE, you can use LPeg lexers with it via Scintillua[1]. Fetch the nightly version if you want to write object-oriented lexers like the one posted to the wiki. There's an LPeg lexer tutorial[2] available too if you're interested.

[1]: https://foicica.com/scintillua/
[2]: https://foicica.com/textadept/api.html#lexer