Re: [code] Makefile cleanup... suggestions

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 07:16:09 +0100

Hi Mitchell

the patch doesn't solve the SIGWINCH problem in FreeBSD.
It seems it doesn't like neither POSIX_C_SOURCE nor XOPEN_SOURCE.
The rest of it doesn't have any negative impact.

And the u_int typedef is definitely needed.

In file included from textadept.c:22:
/usr/include/sys/types.h:52:22: error: cannot combine with previous 'int'
      declaration specifier
typedef unsigned int u_int;

Best, /PA

On 22 February 2018 at 04:39, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2018, Mitchell wrote:
>
> Hi Pedro,
>>
>> On Tue, 20 Feb 2018, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mitchell,
>>>
>>> this is a step in the right direction for FreeBSD.
>>>
>>> After applying this patch:
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>

>> Thanks, but that causes build warnings on Linux. Will you try the attached
>> patch and see if it allows you to build on FreeBSD? Thanks.
>>

> I am also curious if the `u_int` typedef is still needed with the patch I
> provided.

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler