Re: [code] Makefile cleanup... suggestions

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 07:05:44 +0100

HI Mitchell

Replying on the fly while testing. I have uninstalled both textadept and
textadept-curses completely and removed the previous code.
So it's a fresh start :-)
1) Cloned textadept hg
2) Compiling the GUI version and installing went clean and smooth
3) Compiling the curses version too.
To avoid problems, I've used directly

make -C src deps NIGHTLY=1

Will start testing on Ubuntu

Best, /PA

On 25 February 2018 at 04:39, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2018, Mitchell wrote:
>
> Hi Pedro,
>>
>> On Thu, 22 Feb 2018, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mitchell
>>>
>>> the patch doesn't solve the SIGWINCH problem in FreeBSD.
>>> It seems it doesn't like neither POSIX_C_SOURCE nor XOPEN_SOURCE.
>>> The rest of it doesn't have any negative impact.
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>

>> Okay, thanks for trying that out. I'm going to attempt to simply get rid
>> of
>> those defines for Linux.
>>
>> I'll let you know if I need you to try anything else. Thanks again for
>> all of
>> your patience.
>>

> I've committed[1] some code that may solve the BSD issues. Try pulling in
> Textadept hg (or just that change). You may also need to `make deps
> NIGHTLY=1` if you get build errors in lspawn or gtdialog.

> [1]: https://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/8f333551421e

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler