Re: [code] Question to the list

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 10:19:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi Pedro,

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> just curious and maybe something with higher wisdom can give me pointers ;-)
>
> When I run textadept-curses in a locale free environment:
>
> LANG=
> LC_ALL=
> LC_CTYPE="C"
> LC_COLLATE="C"
> LC_TIME="C"
> LC_NUMERIC="C"
> LC_MONETARY="C"
> LC_MESSAGES="C"
>
> It refuses to work ad my only way out is to ^Z and kill the process.
>
> What is the reason for this...

Textadept expects one of the following environment variables to exist in order to detect the filesystem encoding: CHARSET, LC_ALL, or LANG. Since you're clearing the latter two, try setting CHARSET to "UTF-8" in order to declare your filesystem type.

Also, Textadept's terminal input driver, libtermkey, appears to revert to "raw" mode if either LANG, LC_MESSAGES, or LC_ALL do not contain a form of "utf8" in them. I'm not positive if this "raw" mode is the cause of what you see though.