[code] [scintillua] [scinterm] Scintillua and Scinterm End-of-Life (Sort of)

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 22:38:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I recently volunteered to become maintainer of Scintilla's LongTerm3 (3.x) branch, which has been without a maintainer since mid-last year.

Back in August[1] and November[2] I mentioned that Scintilla is splitting into two branches, a LongTerm3 branch and the default 4.x branch. LongTerm3 is targeted at older machines with C++11 compilers, while 4.x uses some C++14 and C++17 features. To make a long story short, my cross-compiling toolchain only targets C++11, so I can only develop Scintillua and Scinterm against LongTerm3.

Neil, Scintilla's author, has permitted me to integrate Scintillua and Scinterm into Scintilla's LongTerm3 branch, so the next release of Scintilla 3.x will contain both projects. As a result, there will no longer be any dedicated Scintillua and Scinterm releases.

For those of you using Scintillua as a general purpose lexing library, you will still be able to do so. It will just be part of a Scintilla release package.

You can track LongTerm3 directly on SourceForge[3], or as a mirror on foicica.com[4].

[1]: https://foicica.com/lists/code/201708/4036.html
[2]: https://foicica.com/lists/code/201711/4130.html
[3]: https://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/code/ci/LongTerm3/tree/
[4]: https://foicica.com/hg/scintilla/branches