Re: [code][textadept] Textadept 10.0 alpha 2 (WIN32)

From: Danny MacMillan <foicica.att.nekulturny.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 17:23:11 -0600

I did a little more testing on this.

I was using textadept_NIGHTLY_2018-03-15.x86_64 in WSL (Windows
Subsystem for Linux) when I experienced this issue. The issue was
repeatable. I tried opening textadept many times and each time, I was
faced with a blank screen, until I pressed a key.

Interestingly, if I pressed a down-arrow while the screen was blank, it
inserted the literal characters "[B]" (no quotes) into the buffer. The
up-arrow inserted "[A]". The home key inserted "[H]" etc. It's as if it
thought an escape character was sent and it was waiting for the rest of
the terminal sequence ... or something.

I then downloaded the same build on a Linux Mint 18.3 box and ran it
with no issues.

I compared the init.lua on the two systems and they were considerably
different. On the box that did NOT work this was the entire init.lua:

---
keys.cc = function() {
   ui.dialogs.msgbox({text = "I typed ctrl-c"})
}
keys.cv = function() {
   buffer.add_text("I typed ctrl-v")
}
---
I had been using this normally useless init.lua to test some issues with
WSL so that I could report them to Microsoft.
So I copied the init.lua from the working Linux box to my WSL box and
started textadept - it ran with no issues.
I put back the useless init.lua from above and started textadept - I am
back to having a black screen when I start. Using the --nosession
command line argument doesn't impact this behaviour.