Re: [code][textadept] Textadept 10.0 alpha 2 (WIN32)

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 10:05:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Peter,

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018, Peter Rolf wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> just copied the nightly build (2018-03-08/ Win32) and tested all binaries.
>
> The curses version starts with a pure black window, no interface is
> shown. I have to type something into the window to 'bring it to life'.
>
> Both jit versions doesn't start (0xc000007b). Looks like a lib
> (libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll) is missing here.
>
> No problems with the 'normal' version (the only one I use).

I can reproduce the missing dll issue and will come up with a fix soon. From later replies to this thread it would seem that the blank screen issue has to do with startup errors (based on your *~/.textadept/init.lua*). I suspect if you created a shortcut to textadept-curses.exe that passed a '-u tmp' parameter (set _USERHOME to a local 'tmp' directory), it would start up properly.

Regardless, as I mentioned in a followup, I will look into why an error message is not reported on startup.