Re: [code] [textadept]Some questions about buffer.set_theme()

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 19:01:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Peter,

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018, Peter Rolf wrote:

> Am 2018-03-26 um 19:00 schrieb Peter Rolf:
>> Am 2018-03-26 um 17:26 schrieb Mitchell:
>>> Hi Peter,

>>> I think I see the problem. Prior to your iteration over `HiDPI_styles`,
>>> try calling `set_style_property()` on your "default" key's values first.
>>> Then in your iteration skip over the "default" key when it comes up.
>>>
>>> In brief, the change I committed yesterday "resets" all styles when the
>>> "style.default" property is changed. Scintilla (the editing component
>>> Textadept uses) intends for the default style to be defined first, and
>>> then have all styles "reset" so that they inherit from that default
>>> style. Without this "reset", on-the-fly theme switching via
>>> `buffer:set_theme()` would not be possible.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mitchell
>>
>> Yep, that fixed it!
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Peter
>>

> I have noticed a problem with derived styles ("markdown"). When I just
> set the "standard" style for such a buffer (s. line 110, style.lua), I
> end up with the complete buffer in that style (totally uniform). I would
> at least expect the "h1-6" styles to be bigger.

If I understand you correctly, you are essentially calling `buffer.property['style.default'] = ...` and then expecting the markdown styles to automatically adjust accordingly.

This is not supported. When 'style.default' is set, all other styles are reset to this style, but it is up to either you or your theme to set all of the other styles, including derived styles.

When the markdown lexer is loaded, its header styles use the current value of the 'fontsize' property variable (if it exists). If you want to adjust those styles after this initialization, you will need to set them again yourself.

I hope this makes sense.