Re: [code][textadept] NIGHTLY executables on Win32 are static

From: Peter Rolf <indiego.att.gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 12:36:20 +0200

Hi Gabriel,

Am 2018-04-10 um 21:59 schrieb Gabriel Dubatti:
> Hi Mitchell and Peter,
>

> El 10/04/2018 a las 16:47, Mitchell escribió:
>> Hi Peter,

>>> Static means, that all libraries are part of the executable (size of
>>> textadept.exe is 16.9MB instead of 1.8MB). Currently you have the
>>> libraries (*.dll) and four static executables (which don't need or use
>>> the *.dll files).
>>
>> Oh, the nightlies actually are built with debugging symbols, which
>> bloats up the size enormously, but can help with crash backtraces or
>> user-initiated gdb sessions. The DLLs are not statically linked with
>> the exes. (I just tried moving them and running Textadept; I got a
>> "dll not found" type of error.)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mitchell
>
> I have to add "libwinpthread-1.dll" when compiling for win32.
>
> Cheers,
> Gabriel

I installed the 32bit versions of "gcc-multilib" and "g++-multilib" by
hand, because they were not automatically installed on the 64bit Linux
host. Apart from that no extra steps were needed.

make NIGHTLY=1 win32-deps
make NIGHTLY=1 -j 6 win32

I use "Linux Mint 18.3 mate 64bit" in VirtualBox (host system is Windows
10 Pro).

Cheers, Peter