Re: [code] [textadept] Poll: Icon Tweak

From: David Reimer <djreimer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 09:49:11 +0100

> From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
> To: code.att.foicica.com
> Bcc:
> Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 11:50:59 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: [code] [textadept] Poll: Icon Tweak
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering tweaking Textadept's icon to a simpler, 3-color one. I had some Textadept swag created with the simpler icon and it looks quite nice. If I want to market such swag in the future, having two different icons is not ideal.
>
> Poll: what do you think of the old icon vs. the new icon? See attached image with the old icon on top and the new icon on the bottom.

I like the "flat" look. (I also like the current icon, but it seems
the style these days is to be *very* elaborate, or simply flat.)

I wonder if this is also an opportunity to tweak a little more? The
black outline could be more prominent (IMO) in a "flat" style, and
perhaps the red "orbit" line looks a little lost? And could the
"shape" suffice, without the infixed "t"?

Mockups attached, based on `textadept.svg` from source. For the banter. ;)

D.

--
David Reimer
Edinburgh, UK