Re: [code] [textadept] Possible bug?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 18:08:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018, triplejam wrote:

> Sometimes textadept crashes when I save, usually after I've run the reset() command a couple of times. I'm using the gtk version on linux. I had to pass "set disable-randomization off" to gdb for it to catch it
>
> Thread 1 "textadept" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> 0x00007ff0c65ac9dd in ?? ()
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0 0x00007ff0c65ac9dd in ?? ()
>
> [snip]

Which version of Textadept are you using? The nightly builds have debug symbols that would report where exactly in the stack trace an error occurs. However, right now the nightly builds target Textadept 10.0, which may cause trouble if you're running Textadept 9.x. You can either:

1. Compile Textadept 9.x with debug symbols (`make DEBUG=1`)
2. Try a nightly build (perhaps with the `-u /tmp` flag in order to ignore compatibility issues with your modules, etc.)
3. Find a concrete set of steps that triggers the crash so I can reproduce.
4. See if something in your ~/.textadept is causing it.