Re: [code] [textadept] Request for a Mac Tester

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 13:19:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> Am 23/04/18 um 02:03 schrieb Mitchell:
>> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, Robert Gieseke wrote:
>>> On 10.11 the recent nightly works, and the icon shows up -- the
>>> JIT version crashes for me though ...
>>
>> I presume there is no error message when attempting to run the JIT
>> version?
>>
>> Do you have gdb on your machine? Can you run `gdb ./textadept_osx`
>> and then `r` (for run)? If there is a segfault or something, type
>> `bt` for a backtrace and post. Thanks!
>
> Not sure I'm doing this right ... but I get:
>
> [snip]

Yes, you are, thanks.

I presume you get the same ill behavior when attempting to run `./textadeptjit-curses`, correct? Are you able to run `./textadept-curses` properly? If so, can you try building textadeptjit-curses and seeing if that runs? I'm curious if my pre-compiled libluajit.osx.a is to blame.

You should be able to:

   $ cd Textadept.app/Contents/Resources/src
   $ make osx-deps
   $ make CROSS="" osx-curses

Then copy the `../textadeptjit-curses` exe produced to *Textadept.app/Contents/MacOS* (overwriting the nightly) and try running `./textadeptjit-curses`. If that works, would you please e-mail me off-list your *Textadept.app/Contents/Resources/src/luajit/src/libluajit.osx.a*? If this doesn't work, that's okay.

Thank for all your help.