Re: [code] [textadept] Request for a Mac Tester

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:29:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Am 23/04/18 um 22:07 schrieb Mitchell:
>> Okay, thanks for trying. I have no idea why that is happening and
>> will not waste your time trying to figure it out. If you ever do
>> manage to get it to compile, I'd be interested in seeing if you can
>> run textadeptjit-curses. However, feel free to drop this, as it's not
>> your problem :)
>
> We're all in this together :-)
>
> A while ago, Chad started some work to get the Curses version to compile
> with Homebrew only:
>
> https://github.com/chadvoegele/textadept-mac/blob/master/build.patch
>
> I'll probably need to revisit this.

Thanks for the link. The comment:

   +# Need to prefix these b/c OS X filenames are case-insensitive and selection.o conflicts with scintilla's.

says it all. That's why you're getting the build error. My linux build server has case-sensitive filenames, so that's why its build is not erroring.

> Are they still users relying on the FFI support of LuaJIT?

I ran a poll a year or two ago, and there was significant use of the JIT version of Textadept. I'm not sure if that answers your question though.