Re: [code] [textadept] Request for a Mac Tester

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 23:07:22 +0200

Am 23/04/18 um 22:29 schrieb Mitchell:
>> A while ago, Chad started some work to get the Curses version to compile
>> with Homebrew only:
>>
>> https://github.com/chadvoegele/textadept-mac/blob/master/build.patch
>>
>> I'll probably need to revisit this.
>
> Thanks for the link. The comment:
>
> +# Need to prefix these b/c OS X filenames are case-insensitive and selection.o conflicts with scintilla's.
>
> says it all. That's why you're getting the build error. My linux build server has case-sensitive filenames, so that's why its build is not erroring.

With changing line ~200 to
$(cdk_objs): cdk-%.o: cdk/%.c

I can compile a source checkout curses version (though the LuaJIT
version crashes with "terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error)"

Building from the nightly both crash but maybe I messed something up in
between ...

I can try again tomorrow ...

>> Are they still users relying on the FFI support of LuaJIT?
>
> I ran a poll a year or two ago, and there was significant use of the JIT version of Textadept. I'm not sure if that answers your question though.

Right, I remember -- if it's still the same, then it's probably worth
trying to get it to compile. It seems that Lua-based FFI libraries are
more or less abandoned? https://github.com/facebookarchive/luaffifb

The thread I found mentions FFI and some startup speedup to be the main
advantages. Maybe it's worth repeating the poll?