Re: [code] [textadept] Request for a Mac Tester

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 17:37:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Am 23/04/18 um 22:29 schrieb Mitchell:
>>> A while ago, Chad started some work to get the Curses version to compile
>>> with Homebrew only:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/chadvoegele/textadept-mac/blob/master/build.patch
>>>
>>> I'll probably need to revisit this.
>>
>> Thanks for the link. The comment:
>>
>> +# Need to prefix these b/c OS X filenames are case-insensitive and selection.o conflicts with scintilla's.
>>
>> says it all. That's why you're getting the build error. My linux build server has case-sensitive filenames, so that's why its build is not erroring.
>
> With changing line ~200 to
> $(cdk_objs): cdk-%.o: cdk/%.c
>
> I can compile a source checkout curses version (though the LuaJIT
> version crashes with "terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error)"
>
> Building from the nightly both crash but maybe I messed something up in
> between ...

I doubt it. If the final exe is compiling successfully, you probably did everything right.

> I can try again tomorrow ...

I'd ask you to run gdb on the exe you built in order to fetch a backtrace, but as I recall, recent Macs dropped gcc in favor of clang, so I don't think you can use gdb with clang-compiled executables.

It's possible the only way to go is to install XCode and try to figure out how to get it to remote-debug processes, but that's ridiculous. *sigh*