Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 10.0 beta

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 13:21:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018, Mitchell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Textadept 10.0 beta is released from https://foicica.com/textadept
>
> Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible text editor.
>
> Please see the migration guide[1] for upgrading from Textadept 9 to Textadept
> 10.
>
> The most noteworthy changes in this release are a new icon, the removal of
> the LuaJIT version of Textadept, and the move to 64-bit executables on Mac
> (which requires Mac OSX 10.6 or higher).
>
> [snip]

As David pointed out in another thread, some modules may fail if they still use the `bit32` library. I thought I left `bit32` compatibility in the beta release, but it turns out I did not. I thought perhaps I should re-include it, but:

1. `bit32` is deprecated in Lua 5.3.
2. Searching for `bit32` on the wiki did not yield any obvious modules that use this.
3. `bit32` will be eliminted eventually when Lua 5.4 is released, so why not do it now in 10.0?

Unless anyone has any strong objections to keeping `bit32`, I would like to keep it removed. However, this means the migration guide is currently missing the `bit32` removal, so please be aware.

If you are using my 'spellcheck'[1] or 'file_diff'[2] modules, please be aware you need to have the latest versions if you want to use them with 10.0 beta. (The init.lua is really all you need.) I've updated the wiki pages to mention this.

Sorry for my omission and any inconvenience this has caused.

[1]: https://foicica.com/hg/spellcheck/rev/5c62a5a9018d
[2]: https://foicica.com/hg/file_diff/rev/78cf335af6b2