Re: [code] [textadept] Possible bug?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 16:42:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi James,

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018, triplejam wrote:

> Okay, I tried going through the modules and I think it's caused by the spell checker.
>
> I was able to reproduce by making a new folder and using -u with it, having just the spell checker module and loading it in the init file
>
> 1. Open a text file
> 2. Type some stuff in it
> 3. Save
> 4. use reset()
> 5. Repeat from step 2 until it crashes on save

I've spent some time trying to reproduce this but have not managed. I picked a really large file to save so the spell-checker takes a while to run. Textadept always blocks until the spell checking is done, so subsequent calls to reset() do not seem to trigger any race conditions. I've also queued up a reset() call while Textadept is blocked, but that didn't cause anything bad either.

Until you manage to find another way to trigger the crash, I'm stuck :(