Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 10.0 beta

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 12:15:04 +0200

Hi Mitchell

regarding file-diff, I have been able to compile it (natively) on my
Macbook Air, the one with the Rudix packages.
I have the latest Lua package on it, as well as the Command Line Compile
tools.

Applying the patch attached, you get an extra variable in the Makefile
(lua_h) that points at the directory with the Lua headers.

Once that is applied, I only did:

make diff_match_patch.h
make CROSS_OSX= lua_h=/usr/local/include/lua diffosx.so
mkdir ~/.textadept/modules/file_diff
cp *.so *.lua* L* R* ~/.textadept/modules/file_diff

and added the require('file_diff') in my .textadept/init.lua to get the
natively built file_diff running.

It works both with g++ and llvm-g++ as CXX. Other testers and setups
welcome!

Best, /PA

On 4 May 2018 at 19:21, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2018, Mitchell wrote:
>
> Hi,
>>
>> Textadept 10.0 beta is released from https://foicica.com/textadept
>>
>> Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible text editor.
>>
>> Please see the migration guide[1] for upgrading from Textadept 9 to
>> Textadept
>> 10.
>>
>> The most noteworthy changes in this release are a new icon, the removal of
>> the LuaJIT version of Textadept, and the move to 64-bit executables on Mac
>> (which requires Mac OSX 10.6 or higher).
>>
>> [snip]
>>

> As David pointed out in another thread, some modules may fail if they
> still use the `bit32` library. I thought I left `bit32` compatibility in
> the beta release, but it turns out I did not. I thought perhaps I should
> re-include it, but:
>
> 1. `bit32` is deprecated in Lua 5.3.
> 2. Searching for `bit32` on the wiki did not yield any obvious modules
> that use this.
> 3. `bit32` will be eliminted eventually when Lua 5.4 is released, so why
> not do it now in 10.0?
>
> Unless anyone has any strong objections to keeping `bit32`, I would like
> to keep it removed. However, this means the migration guide is currently
> missing the `bit32` removal, so please be aware.
>
> If you are using my 'spellcheck'[1] or 'file_diff'[2] modules, please be
> aware you need to have the latest versions if you want to use them with
> 10.0 beta. (The init.lua is really all you need.) I've updated the wiki
> pages to mention this.
>
> Sorry for my omission and any inconvenience this has caused.

> [1]: https://foicica.com/hg/spellcheck/rev/5c62a5a9018d
> [2]: https://foicica.com/hg/file_diff/rev/78cf335af6b2

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler