Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 10.0 beta

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 11:30:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pedro,

On Mon, 7 May 2018, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi Mitchell
>
> regarding file-diff, I have been able to compile it (natively) on my
> Macbook Air, the one with the Rudix packages.
> I have the latest Lua package on it, as well as the Command Line Compile
> tools.
>
> Applying the patch attached, you get an extra variable in the Makefile
> (lua_h) that points at the directory with the Lua headers.
>
> [snip]

Thanks for this, but I do not want to encourage building against any other version of Lua other than Textadept's. Nasty, subtle, hard-to-debug issues may happen, especially if the user's Lua version number is not the same as Textadept's.

Still, it is a nice exercise in the event others are interested in doing something similar.